NASM assembly problems

mrgrynch at comcast.net mrgrynch at comcast.net
Thu Apr 14 14:00:00 CEST 2005

Brian,
When I first attempted this, I followed the README instructions to the letter.  When it didn't work, I started fiddling with it.  The NASM files are in the VC7 /bin folder.  The problem is not that it can't find NASM.EXE

Original command line...

nasm -O9 -Xvc -f win32 -I "g:\_views\gmp-4.1.4\mpn\x86i\pentium4\sse2\/" -o "Debug/mpn/submul_1.obj" "g:\_views\gmp-4.1.4\mpn\x86i\pentium4\sse2\submul_1.asm"

This produces the error.  I started decomposing the command line to see where it is breaking.

Decomposed without input filename...

G:\_views\gmp-4.1.4\gmp.build.vc7\lib_mpn_p4>nasm -O9 -Xvc -f win32 -I "g:\_views\gmp-4.1.4\mpn\x86i\pentium4\sse2\/" -o "Debug/mpn/submul_1.obj"
nasm: error: no input file specified
type `nasm -h' for help

Adding the input filename back into the command line causes the error I mentioned.  Drive G: is not a network drive.

Regards,
 -Dave