NASM assembly problems

mrgrynch at comcast.net mrgrynch at comcast.net
Thu Apr 14 06:11:04 CEST 2005

I've been trying to build Brian Gladman's Win32 port of GMP, but cannot seem to get the assembly code to work.  I've downloaded the NASM compiler, placed it in it's own folder, and set my path.  Typing "nasm" from the command line (any command line) is able to find the program without a problem.

Attempting to build ANY of the assembly code portion, however, responds with the output below.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
 -Dave

------ Rebuild All started: Project: lib_mpn_p4, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
Deleting intermediate files and output files for project 'lib_mpn_p4', configuration 'Debug|Win32'.
Performing Pre-Build Event...
1 file(s) copied.
1 file(s) copied.
1 file(s) copied.
Performing Custom Build Step
The system cannot execute the specified program.
Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing Custom Build Step"