div.c and other questions

Vincent Lefevre vincent at vinc17.org
Tue Sep 28 15:14:22 CEST 2004

On 2004-09-28 13:50:28 +0200, Michel Bardiaux wrote:
> Do you see any reason not to take this back to the list? If yes,
> please forward this to the list.

You sent me a private copy (I was the only one in the To|Cc headers).
So, back to the lists...

> * "near" and "far" have to be considered reserved as far as 'exported'
> headers are concerned, since those headers might be included by
> application code that also includes windows.h
>
> * Why MSVC++ complains when compiling div.c is still mysterious; I cant
> look into that without knowing exactly how the OP tried to compile.

You could try on a simple example:

int test(void)
{
  int near = 0;
  return near;
}

(just compile it, do not link it). Then, you can try with various
standard headers to see which one is the problem...

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent at vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/>