cryptographically secure?

malik.hammoutene at epfl.ch malik.hammoutene at epfl.ch
Thu Sep 16 15:49:31 CEST 2004

Thank you for your answer.

What I want to know by saying "cryptographically secure", is not if one can
easily determine the seed from samples or not. The question is: EVEN if the seed
is "cryptographically secure", are the random functions of GMP
"cryptographically secure"? Is it possible for anybody to determine the
algorithm from samples?

It's the difference between cryptographic and algorithmic...

Best regards,

M.Hammoutène,
http://lasecwww.epfl.ch

PS: sorry for my english ;o)