questions: MPFR and win32 makefiles

Torbjorn Granlund tege at swox.com
Wed Sep 8 00:34:27 CEST 2004

"Francesco Montorsi" <f18m_cpp217828 at yahoo.it> writes:

  1) MPFR will substitute MPF in future, isn't it ?
     When will this happen ?

This has been a stated goal of the mpfr team, but it is not likely
to happen within the foreseeable future.

  2) Are GMP authors interested in win32 makefiles ?
     I created some bakefiles (XML-like project files for
     bakefile: http://bakefile.sourceforge.net) which are
     able to generate makefiles for various win32 compilers:
     borland, msvc, mingw, watcom....

     The build system I've created does not require any change
     in the code: it's a small win32 directory to add to the
     main GMP folder which contains the bakefiles
     (from which the makefiles can be re-generated) and
     the generated makefiles ready to be run...

     I think that adding these files to the official distribution
     could be very interesting since it would allow a wider range of
     users to take advantage of GMP.

I don't want to maintain another set of makefiles,
and for a platform which I don't use.  Sorry.