average number of calls of REDC

Andreas Vetter AVetter at gmx.de
Wed Sep 1 21:20:17 CEST 2004

I wanted to do something similar to your speed-funktion.
I changed all the thresholds, so that multiplying is always done with
basecase. Then I I wanted do change them so its always done with karatsuba
and so on.
I bit strange, I commit, but seems to be the simplest way. But now I guess I
try to modify that mul.c code.
Good night
Andreas

> "Andreas Vetter" <AVetter at gmx.de> writes:
>
>   Thank you both for helping me with. I will read that sliding window
> stuff
>   again and I'm sure to understand your assumptions. Thats gonna get me
>   further. I've got another practical problem with the Thresholds of the
>   multiplication-algorithms. I changed them in gmp_mparam.h but I can't
> see
>   any difference in the compution time. I tried reconfigure with that new
>   thresholds but it doesn't work either :-(
>
> Keep in mind that changing say MUL_KARATSUBA_THRESHOLD from 10 to
> 15 will often not affect a certain computation at all, and if it
> affects it, it won't be dramatical.
>
> --
> Torbjörn

Supergünstige DSL-Tarife + WLAN-Router für 0,- EUR*
Jetzt zu GMX wechseln und sparen http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl