average number of calls of REDC

Torbjorn Granlund tege at swox.com
Wed Sep 1 19:07:55 CEST 2004

"Andreas Vetter" <AVetter at gmx.de> writes:

  Thank you both for helping me with. I will read that sliding window stuff
  again and I'm sure to understand your assumptions. Thats gonna get me
  further. I've got another practical problem with the Thresholds of the
  multiplication-algorithms. I changed them in gmp_mparam.h but I can't see
  any difference in the compution time. I tried reconfigure with that new
  thresholds but it doesn't work either :-(

Keep in mind that changing say MUL_KARATSUBA_THRESHOLD from 10 to
15 will often not affect a certain computation at all, and if it
affects it, it won't be dramatical.