GMP on IA64 HP-UX?

Torbjorn Granlund tege at swox.com
Tue Nov 9 21:04:19 CET 2004

Steve Ellcey <sje at cup.hp.com> writes:

  > You might have some luck with passing +DD64 in CFLAGS.
  > (Not tested.)

  Except that I would really like a 32 bit library.  My interest in GMP is
  because the GCC project is linking this library (and MPFR) into the
  latest GNU Fortran compiler and I build GCC on IA64 HP-UX as a 32 bit
  program.

This will probably be somewhat tricky,  But this may work:

First run configure.
Then edit gmp-mparam.h to match the ILP32 ABI.
Then add "define(`HAVE_ABI_32',`')" to config.m4 (note
that particular m4 quotation).

Finally run "make" and "make check" and cross your fingers.

  Without GMP and MPFR I can't build the Fortran portion of GCC.

That must be tough...