Nussbaumer polynomial multiplication

Josh Liu zliu2 at student.gsu.edu
Mon May 3 01:50:18 CEST 2004

The Nussbaumer method for cyclic and negacyclic convolution has
surprisingly good practical timings. It is much better than a symbolic
Sch\"onhage algorithm, or even the Discrete Weighted Transform version,
which I implemented alongside the Nussbaumer algorithm. I wonder what
the implications would be for integer multiplication. I'm working on a
limb sized operand Nussbaumer algorithm at the moment and I hope that
it can be competitive with the Sch\"onhage-Strassen method. A simple
modification should make it viable for the Z/Zp polynomial
multiplication that Décio Luiz Gazzoni Filho and D. J. Bernstein
wanted. Also, if someone can give me a good description of the
Nussbaumer algorithm, better than Knuth's, I would very much appreciate
it :)

Code is here at http://www.student.gsu.edu/~zliu2/centrinia.tar.gz and
http://www.student.gsu.edu/~zliu2/centrinia.tar.bz2 under
centrinia/design/base/N/medium/arithmetic/multiplication/Nussbaumer