Compiling GMP to work under Visual Studio

Jim Fougeron. jfoug at cox.net
Fri Mar 5 18:11:23 CET 2004

I personally do not use Cygwin (I have found MinGW to be a better
system for what I need). However, I have seen similar problems,
and will explain how I worked around them.

You will also have to link in libgcc.a from your Cygwin environment,
along with the libgmp.a library.  That will allow usage of the alloca
functions (which help the performance of GMP quite a bit). As for
the _snprinf, I am not sure if it is located in the libgcc.a file
(I do not get that linkage error, so have not tried to fix it before).

Hope the above helps,  Jim.