Compiling GMP to work under Visual Studio

Barak Raveh barak at gita.co.il
Fri Mar 5 20:51:13 CET 2004

Hi,
I have used CygWin to build GMP for the windows environment.
If I understand right, the library I need to use is .libs\libgmp.a
However, it doesn't seem to work well, I get "unresolved external
symbol" message for 4 variables:
"___getreent"
"__imp___ctype"
"__alloca"
"__snprintf"

does anybody have a clue what should I do? I spent more than 2 days
working on it thus far...
I even tried to create a Visual Studio project out of it - everything
finally compiles but it still didn't work at the end...

Thanks if anybody knows how to help me,
B.