Convergence problems with Intel's 8.0 C++ compiler

Felix E. Klee felix.klee.gmp at gmx.net
Sun Feb 29 02:20:33 CET 2004

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 22:28:56 +0100 Felix E. Klee wrote:
> Obviously, the ICC implementation isn't very suitable for MPF
> calculations. Which version is standards conforming, though?

Thanks to a reply to my question in comp.lang.c++.moderated, I now know
that neither of the discussed constructors violates the standard. Here's
the relevant quote from paragraph 26.2/2:

  The effect of instantiating the template complex for any type other
  than float, double or long double is unspecified.

Felix

PS: To contact me off list don't reply but send mail to "felix.klee" at
the domain "inka.de". Otherwise your email to me might get automatically
deleted!