Convergence problems with Intel's 8.0 C++ compiler

Felix E. Klee felix.klee.news at gmx.net
Fri Feb 27 00:04:15 CET 2004

First of all, to Torbjorn: Is moderation now standard for all posts, or
are only my posts moderated? In the latter case, I'll get a new email
address and, if necessary, use a different name (which I hate to do, but
this childish moderation is annoying me).

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 19:17:42 -0300 Décio Luiz Gazzoni Filho wrote:
> > 1. Specialize the complex class for MPF types (probably too much
> >    trouble).
> > [...]
>
> [...]
>
> The idea is to create a derived class of mpf_class and reimplement the
> constructor only.

That's what I meant by specialization. But one would have to specialize
more than just the constructor. For example, one can never be sure that
an implementation doesn't somewhere use temporaries that break the
preservation of precision.

Felix

PS: To contact me off list don't reply but send mail to "felix.klee" at
the domain "inka.de". Otherwise your email to me might get automatically
deleted!