(no subject)

David Peuyo davidek at daimi.daimi.au.dk
Mon Feb 2 14:47:44 CET 2004

Hello,
   i am user of a net which has installed gmp-4.1.2. They are running Red
Hat 9.0. However, I have tried to install gmp in my own account to
optimise gmp to my computer. i have runned ./configure and make.
   They don't have any message of error.
   If i use the general installation of gmp for running my program, then
the program runs well. However if i run my program with the local
installation of gmp, then it crushes.

    I am using a pentium IV. The flags of the make file are
   CFLAGS = -I../gmp -pg -static -g -ansi -pedantic -Wall
   LDFLAGS = ../gmp/.libs/libgmp.a
   CC = gcc

   And the program crushes because of overlaping of memory.

   Does someone know which error could be? should i add any flag in the
installation because there exist already a "general" installation of
gmp-4.1.2?

            thanks,
               davidovich.