XEmacs now uses GMP

Jerry James james at xemacs.org
Wed Apr 7 00:48:30 CEST 2004

Kevin Ryde <user42 at zip.com.au> writes (of BSD MP):
> Oh, well, I guess it's ok as far as it goes, apart from the name clash
> with the "pow" function, but there's not really a great amount of
> functionality.
>
> I'm not actually aware of it being much in use.  I think you get it in
> the base system on OSF, but perhaps nowhere else.  On a free system
> you're probably more likely to have gmp available.

Actually, I threw BSD MP support in because it is all I have available
on a Sparc Solaris 8 platform I have available locally.  That library
puts "mp_" on the front of everything, so the clash with pow doesn't
happen.

I figured other Solaris users might have BSD MP but not GMP available.
--
Jerry James
http://www.ittc.ku.edu/~james/