XEmacs now uses GMP

Kevin Ryde user42 at zip.com.au
Wed Apr 7 00:32:49 CEST 2004

Jerry James <james at xemacs.org> writes:

> From an implementor's perspective, it sure was a lot easier to
> put the GMP support together than it was the BSD MP support.  The BSD
> interface does not seem to have been thought out very well.

Oh, well, I guess it's ok as far as it goes, apart from the name clash
with the "pow" function, but there's not really a great amount of
functionality.

I'm not actually aware of it being much in use.  I think you get it in
the base system on OSF, but perhaps nowhere else.  On a free system
you're probably more likely to have gmp available.