Question about mpz_clear

Geoff Thorpe geoff@geoffthorpe.net
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 11:05:17 -0400

Hi Michel et al,

On June 20, 2003 07:47 am, Michel Bardiaux wrote:
> Yes, meeting of minds! we already have all these optimisations and some
> more. The problem is, gprof shows that even with all these
> optimisations, there is still a lot of overhead for the management of
> short limbs, which I would like to avoid by having each mpX object use
> *itself* as pool for allocating its limbs whenever possible.

Ah, well looks like you're going to have to dig into GMP itself. Perhaps
you might be lucky if there's only a couple of mpX-specific macros or
functions you need to hook to get it done.

BTW: I replied privately to you because your reply to my post had not been
CC'd to the list. I don't think there was anything in my post to worry
about, but had I known it would be hitting the mail-lists (and thus, the
archives too) I might have at least double-checked what I'd written
before sending (rather than hastily blathering, touch-typing, and hitting
the "send" hotkey without a second thought). AFAIK, general netiquette is
not to forward copies or quotations from private mail to public lists, at
least not without first cross-checking with the sender. In this case, no
harm done.

Cheers,
Geoff

--