GMP for HP Itanium 2, chipset zx1

Kevin Ryde user42@zip.com.au
Thu, 24 Jul 2003 11:22:35 +1000

"Peter Hicks" <trick@satlink.com.au> writes:

> Does GMP support this CPU? Or are future releases going to support it?

There's nothing specific for itanic2, it's treated the same as a plain
itanic at the moment.  Both chips are a bit like hard work to program.

> I am also looking at the Alphaserver DS25, where the alphaev68 CPU
> is supported by GMP, but it doesn't handle linux like the Itantium
> machines.

I'd be surprised if there wasn't at least one free OS that would run
on whatever machine you're looking at.  You can go over to
testdrive.compaq.com and run some code to see how alpha and itanic
compare.