GMP for HP Itanium 2, chipset zx1

Peter Hicks trick@satlink.com.au
Wed, 23 Jul 2003 14:20:47 +1000

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01C35125.9C84E220

I am a home user looking to purchase an entry level server specifically =
to use GMP with linux.

I am interested in integer arithmetic and the current SPECint results =
show that the HP Itanium 2 zx1 chipset is the leader. But looking in the =
latest GMP manual I don't see any support for these 64-bit Intel CPUs.=20

Does GMP support this CPU? Or are future releases going to support it?

I am also looking at the Alphaserver DS25, where the alphaev68 CPU is =
supported by GMP, but it doesn't handle linux like the Itantium =
machines.

Regards
Peter Hicks
trick@satlink.com.au

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01C35125.9C84E220

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I am a home user looking to purchase an entry level =
server=20
specifically to use GMP with linux.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I am interested in integer arithmetic and the =
current SPECint=20
results show that the HP Itanium 2 zx1 chipset is the leader. But =
looking in the=20
latest GMP manual I don't see any support for these 64-bit Intel CPUs.=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Does GMP support this CPU? Or are future releases =
going to=20
support it?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I am also looking at the Alphaserver DS25, where the =
alphaev68=20
CPU is supported by GMP, but it doesn't handle linux like the Itantium=20
machines.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Regards</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Peter Hicks</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"mailto:trick@satlink.com.au">trick@satlink.com.au</A></FONT></DIV=