License Compliance Question

DTAshley@aol.com DTAshley@aol.com
Mon, 21 Apr 2003 15:45:27 EDT

--part1_134.1e9aa8a5.2bd5a457_boundary

Hi Linus,

Thanks for your e-mail.

Just out of curiousity, how and why did my e-mail get caught in the SPAM
trap?

I'm familiar with products like SpamAssassin, and usually they look for key
words and phrases like "Lose Weight", "One-Time Offer", and other phrases
that out of decency I won't post to a list, etc.

I don't think my e-mail had anything to score at all on automated SPAM
filters.  At least the automated SPAM filters I'm aware of.

Thanks, Dave.

In a message dated 4/21/2003 3:28:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time, linus@swox.com
writes:

> The list is working.  Your message happened to get caught in the spam
> trap for manual moderation, by a human being, though.  All humans were
> off for Easter holidays so your posting wasn't viewed until just
> recently.  I decided not to put it on the list now since you obviously
> managed to do that yourself.  Sorry for any inconvenience.
>
> --linus

--part1_134.1e9aa8a5.2bd5a457_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Hi Linus,<BR>
<BR>
Thanks for your e-mail.<BR>
<BR>
Just out of curiousity, how and why did my e-mail get caught in the SPAM tra=
p?<BR>
<BR>
I'm familiar with products like SpamAssassin, and usually they look for key=20=
words and phrases like "Lose Weight", "One-Time Offer", and other phrases th=
at out of decency I won't post to a list, etc.<BR>
<BR>
I don't think my e-mail had anything to score at all on automated SPAM filte=
rs.&nbsp; At least the automated SPAM filters I'm aware of.<BR>
<BR>
Thanks, Dave.<BR>
<BR>
In a message dated 4/21/2003 3:28:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time, linus@swox.co=
m writes:<BR>
<BR>
: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">The list is working.&nbsp; Your=
 message happened to get caught in the spam<BR>
trap for manual moderation, by a human being, though.&nbsp; All humans were<=

off for Easter holidays so your posting wasn't viewed until just<BR>
recently.&nbsp; I decided not to put it on the list now since you obviously<=

managed to do that yourself.&nbsp; Sorry for any inconvenience.<BR>
<BR>
--linus</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_134.1e9aa8a5.2bd5a457_boundary--