:::Windows compilation/linking question:::

Kevin Ryde user42@zip.com.au
Fri, 18 Apr 2003 09:01:12 +1000

"Pathos" <pathos@vianw.pt> writes:

> Hi there again,
>
> I tried using MingW, it's the same thing, doesn't work, same error
> message.  As i found out, the stdio.h file used in cygwin and MingW
> are diferent then the one i use on VS(and possibly others), and the
> one on the latest Microsoft SDK distribution. In the include files
> on my VS directory, and the include files on Microsoft's SDK, i have
> no reference to the external symbol __impure_ptr.

I don't know where that comes from, presumably it's something from
cygwin.

There's notes on stdio with a mingw DLL and msvc in the gmp manual
under "Notes for Particular Systems".

Brian Gladman on this list might have reported success building gmp
with msvc, which might be easier than trying to mix and match.

> Btw, i have no obstack.h, not on VS, not on cygwin, not on mingW and
> not on Microsoft's SDK.

obstack.h is found on GNU systems.