Xeon as a worthwhile platform?

Cesar Delgado beettlle@hotmail.com
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 22:42:49 -0500

It shouldn't matter neing that the new Opterons are x86-64.  They have
all the instructions that x86 chips do and then they have the added
bonus of 64 bit if you want to use it and new 64 bit instructions to
optimize your code even further if you want to use them.  Stuff like the
MMX, SSE, SSE2 registers being double the size of what they are in x86
chips if you run it in 64 bit mode, etc.  You might wanna' check the AMD
site for further info on the Opterons.

-Cesar Delgado
Secure Distributed Information @ UNL
http://rcf.unl.edu