Building on Win2K

Niels Möller nisse@lysator.liu.se
28 Nov 2002 12:42:10 +0100

"Paul Leyland" <pleyland@microsoft.com> writes:

> Philosophical meanderings aside, a more practical observation is
> that Microsoft's Services for Unix, currently at V3.0, makes porting
> GMP-using software to a Win32 environment extremely easy. It just
> works straight out of the box.

Can you compile GMP into a dll using this "SFU" package, and use the
resulting library with programs written using MSVC? I library that can
be used with MSVC-projects seems to be what most of the windows folks
in this list want.

How do you get the Services for Unix package? A few years ago I used
windows at work, and I stumbled upon the documentation for the M$ gcc,
but I didn't have it installed and I don't think our IT staff had ever
heard of it.

Out of curiosity, if you get the source code of the SFU package (or
the parts thereof that are (L)GPL:ed), does it compile out of the box
with MSVC?

/Niels