Building on Win2K

librik@panix.com librik@panix.com
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 18:04:21 -0500 (EST)

> > I wonder if it's possible to build a version of gas that spits out
> > .obj (intel OMF) and which would work with msvc.
>
> Which just goes to show how little I know about msvc.  Supposedly it's
> coff not omf already, but maybe with gratuitous differences from what
> everyone else calls coff.

I have no problem using the output from gas ("as" under Cygwin)
in the Microsoft linker.  This is how I build GMP from unmodified
sources using the standard configure system.  (I wrote wrapper
scripts around the MSVC compiler and linker to make them "look"
more like Unix-style compilers.  Modulo a major bug in libtool,
everything works perfectly.  I should probably release this as
it would save people's porting time, but it's kind of clumsy
due to the libtool bug workarounds.)

What problems are you having, and what versions of as and link
are you using?

- David Librik