Options for x86_64 "versions" for system types

Albin Ahlbäck albin.ahlback at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 00:52:53 CET 2024

Hi,

I'm sure that many of you have heard about many Linux distributions are
playing with the idea of setting the baseline for what CPU architecture
is supported regarding x86_64 CPUs, mainly "x86_64-v3".

I cannot see that GMP today allows specifying `--host=x86_64-v3-...' or
something similar. I suppose that packagers specifying such a host
triplet could yield speedups for (most?) users downloading precompiled
binaries on such distributions.

Have there been thoughts of allowing such triplets?

Best,
Albin