mpz_prevprime

Marco Bodrato bodrato at mail.dm.unipi.it
Sat Nov 28 17:08:07 UTC 2020

Ciao,

Il 2020-11-16 21:23 Seth Troisi ha scritto:
> Thanks Marco! I'm really happy this is merged.

Your code was merged with a storm of new code that has been reversed.
But now it's in again!

> Was there any specific things you thought could be improved? Happy to
> look at those too.

Memory usage, in my opinion, is not optimal.

The current code generate a primesieve, to just loop on it once for
building a list of gaps, that is usually used just once... I'm still not
completely convinced that this structure is the best we can do.

In the meanwhile I wander if a further modularization could allow us to
build a type to store the "current state" and functions to sequentially
find the next primes...

Ĝis,