mpz_prevprime

Marco Bodrato bodrato at mail.dm.unipi.it
Sun Feb 9 13:50:57 UTC 2020

Ciao,

Il 2020-01-30 21:12 Seth Troisi ha scritto:
> I've disabled both gap test but left the code is so that I can
> uncomment and run it when doing serious changes to the file.

If the gap tests are basically equivalent to running many repetitions of
test_ref, you can trigger it when the number of repetitions is larger
than some adequately large ammount.

By the way I  pushed this version of your patch.

https://gmplib.org/repo/gmp/rev/3507f80aee0a

> I was referencing my change for mpz_prevprime which is implemented via
> a macro shared with mpz_nextprime

In my opinion, the loop in _{prev,next}prime is not really
time-critical.
So that... I'd like a different approach, not a macro. Moreover, I'm not
the main developer of the function mpz_nextprime... I'll personally
leave to the other developers the task of revising the patch and
possibly integrate it with the current library.

Ĝis,