Micro-GMP

Torbjörn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Fri Nov 23 17:03:31 UTC 2018

You might be interested in GMP's asl.h, it implements artificially small
limbs ("asl"), down to 4 bits IIRC.  The repo GMP doesn't complete its
tests with it currently.  (A student of mine did something similar some
years previously, but I couldn't get paperwork in order for releasing
it.)

Some notes about our slides:

First public GMP releaae wasn't 1.3.2 (sic) in 1993 but 1.1 in 1991.

I believe Niels and Marco wrote Mini-GMP.

Not only O(n^2) algorithms; addition is actually O(n) while modexp is
O(n^3)...

The mpz_random2 function is long obsolete, mpz_rrandomb replaces it.

Please encrypt, key id 0xC8601622