libgmp differential fuzzer running on Google's oss-fuzz

Niels Möller nisse at lysator.liu.se
Thu Jul 12 09:02:48 UTC 2018

tg at gmplib.org (Torbjörn Granlund) writes:

> What is the "fuzz" in the case of arithmetic?
>
> I understand the test concept of fuzzing as feeding someting (like a
> parser) with slightly incorrect input, with the inserted errors being
> (pseudo) randomly selected.
>
> Or is fuzzing perhaps a novel term for testing?

As far as I understand, "fuzzing" in the context of oss-fuzz is testing
with random inputs, plus some magic to guide the generation of inputs by
information on which branches are taken throughout the code, to try to
automatically exercise any corner cases.

I'm not familiar with it, so I don't really know how or how well it's
doing that.

Niels Möller. PGP-encrypted email is preferred. Keyid 368C6677.