libgmp differential fuzzer running on Google's oss-fuzz

Guido Vranken guidovranken at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 15:42:20 UTC 2018

The fuzzer extracts 4 (large) integers, A, B, C, D from a buffer generated
by the fuzzing engine. Then arithmic operations are performed on these
numbers eg:

A = B + C
A = B - C
A = B / C

Etc. These operations are executed in tandem across two bignum libraries,
for example OpenSSL and libgmp. If the results don't match, an error is
raised and the system sends an e-mail. Beyond the differential aspect
(compare output of calculations), it also detects undefined behavior (eg.
signed integer overflow) and memory errors (buffer overflow etc).

Per your wish I will notify this list as soon as a legitimate bug has been
found.

Guido