mini-gmp and mpq

Niels Möller nisse at lysator.liu.se
Sun Feb 18 08:51:39 UTC 2018

"Marco Bodrato" <bodrato at mail.dm.unipi.it> writes:

> Mee too, I'm not sure about the use case...

We ought to have some idea about that before adding code.

Daniele, can you explain?

> Is code duplication always bad? If mini-gmp is a library for prototype,
> embedded, fallback purposes, then it can contain a specially crafted,
> compact and easy to use mpq layer.

I was thinking that if many of the mpq functions are written with simple
code on top of mpz_ and mpn_ interface provided by both gmp and
mini-gmp, reuse would make sense.

But I might be mistaken, e.g, mpq/aors.c look a lot more more complex
than in your sketch of mini-mpq.c.

Niels Möller. PGP-encrypted email is preferred. Keyid 368C6677.