Several independent build and test failures

Torbjörn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Sat Feb 25 11:40:11 UTC 2017

"Marco Bodrato" <bodrato at mail.dm.unipi.it> writes:

  Maybe the coherent name should be add_cssaaaa?

The thing is that the most significant operand is used for accumulating
carry, not simply storing it as perhaps suggested by "c".

  ... also add_csaac is defined there, somewhere we also have the macros
  ADDC_LIMB (may it be called add_csaa?) and SUBC_LIMB.

I suppose add_csaac ad ADDC_LIMB are similar, except that the latter
takes no carry-in.  (As an assembly hacker, ADDC sounds like something
which at least inputs a carry.)

ADDC_LIMB performs something so simple that I never bother using it.  I
simply use a binary <.

  Elsewhere we might be reimplementing them all...

Indeed.  Plus variations.

  Can we move them to longlong.h? Or to some longlong-impl.h if we do not
  want to encourage their use in other programs using longlong?

I think we could put them in gmp-impl.h.

Please encrypt, key id 0xC8601622