mini-gmp

Emmanuel Thomé Emmanuel.Thome at inria.fr
Wed Dec 6 20:48:52 UTC 2017

Niels,

On Wed, Dec 06, 2017 at 09:28:54PM +0100, Niels Möller wrote:
> I'm afraid I'm still a bit confused, and I don't quite understand what
> problem you are aiming to solve with additional defines in mini-gmp.

I guess Paul wants to compile mpfr in a situation where mini-gmp is used
as an argument to --with-gmp (or whatever this flag may be named for
mpfr). The mpfr code has to detect that.

I guess you can find ways to do this detection, but merely proposing

> So you can detect that mini-gmp is used with
>
> #ifndef __GNU_MP_VERSION

does not seem very appropriate to me. How would one distinguish between
mini-gmp and random-dude-mp (assuming the latter has some pretense of
being gmp-compatible) ?

Regards,

E.