Help stabilising mini-gmp

Niels Möller nisse at lysator.liu.se
Wed Nov 16 06:06:42 UTC 2016

tg at gmplib.org (Torbjörn Granlund) writes:

> I realise that mini-gmp's requirement of GNU make hurts GMP's build
> environment compatibility testing; until now, we have tried to use plain
> 'make' on almost all systems.  If mini-gmp now forces the entire build
> to use GNU make, then that's bad.

I agree. Is there any easy way to use GNU make only for make
check-mini-gmp? Either in test scripts, or automatically in that target
(the make used for the target itself doens't matter, it's the recursive
make, currently using $(MAKE), that really needs GNU make.

Niels Möller. PGP-encrypted email is preferred. Keyid 368C6677.