sqrlo [Was: sqrt algorithm]

Marco Bodrato bodrato at mail.dm.unipi.it
Tue Aug 25 22:12:43 UTC 2015

Ciao,

I pushed the code to tune the thresholds for the sqrlo code, now the
mpn_sqrlo function is ready to be used.

Il Mer, 5 Agosto 2015 9:36 pm, Torbjörn Granlund ha scritto:
> A sqrlo_basecase would surely speed things up, at least for small operands
> as it saves roughly half of the operations compared to a mullo_basecase.

Waiting for an assembly _basecase, we use another function for small sizes.
mullo uses mul_basecase, so sqrlo used sqr_basecase... but now sqrlo uses
mullo_basecase, because it should compute as many products as sqr but it
should be simpler/faster.

http://bodrato.it/papers/