sqrt algorithm

Torbjörn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Wed Aug 5 19:36:21 UTC 2015

"Marco Bodrato" <bodrato at mail.dm.unipi.it> writes:

  Do we need a sqrlo_basecase? The D&C version of sqrlo would use a full
  squaring and a single mullo, so that the base_cases for sqrlo_dc are
  sqr_basecase, mul_basecase and mullo_basecase.

A sqrlo_basecase would surely speed things up, at least for small operands
as it saves roughly half of the operations conpared to a mullo_basecase.

The loop structure will remind very much of sqr_basecase, with the upper
loop boundaries cut.  I actually suspect we could have mulfunc for them.
(And perhaps for mul_basecase vs mullo_basecase, that would be nice!)

Please encrypt, key id 0xC8601622