Problem with __gmp_expr

Marc Glisse marc.glisse at inria.fr
Wed Jan 22 13:44:43 UTC 2014

(moved to gmp-devel)

On Sat, 18 Jan 2014, Marc Glisse wrote:

> It probably also breaks the ABI since it changes the size of some
> objects.

By the way, do we have a policy about breaking binary compatibility? In
this case, mixing old and new objects could result in crashes (almost
certainly at -O0, seldom at -O3). It should be possible to prevent this
issue by renaming __gmp_unary_expr and __gmp_binary_expr (say adding a '2'
at the end). It wouldn't be 100%, but I think only questionable code would
break.

Note that in any case the change wouldn't affect libgmpxx.so (no need to
bump the soname).

--
Marc Glisse