New T3/T4 code batch

Torbjorn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Thu Apr 4 03:26:31 CEST 2013

David Miller <davem at davemloft.net> writes:

  I can tell by looking at the commit that it's still broken, can you
  please stop jumping the gun and simply be patient enough for me to
  test things out?

Since I am wrapping up, I wanted to push things and clean out unfinished
things.

Why is is such a big deal if things don't work at first try?  You're
asking a lot from me.

The lzcnt has been there for two days in the code I sent you,
so there has been time to prevent this total disaster.

I let you finish this project at your pace.  Please send me the code as
it get ready for pushing.

  There is no lzcnt opcode, it's lzd.

I read the fine manual, and it specifies lzcnt.  OK, there is a footnote
about a deprecated mnemonic 'lzd'.  I pushed a change which instead uses
that one.

(Will go offline now.)