I'd like to get involved

Torbjorn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Fri Aug 31 12:44:11 CEST 2012

Josh Reeves <reeves.josh at gmail.com> writes:

  I'd like to help with GMP, specifically in the realm of compiling to
  target win32, or .NET (which I have done - just for fun). This would
  include explanation/documentation and PInvoke/Interop examples for
  interested programmers as well as C++ and C#.NET wrapper classes
  (compiled and ready to use out of the box or as source code) allowing
  the inclusion of GMP functionality in Windows projects.

Such help would be welcome.  The current GMP developers are all Windows
ignorant.

The current development source of GMP support Windows' 64-bit ABI,
usable under Cygwin or MinGW64.  I dont think it is easy to build it
under Microsoft's tools.

We don't want a separate set of configuration and build files for
Microsoft's tools, and such work would unfortunately be rejected.  The
reason for this is that we couldn't cope with the extra maintenance
burden.

Generating such file form what we currently have might however be an
option.

  I can also help with analysis, optimization, and abstract design of
  mathematical algorithms, but I don't think I could do any better than
  what has already been done.

Jump in!