Rethinking GMP's configure

Richard Guenther rguenther at suse.de
Tue Dec 6 12:01:34 CET 2011

On Tue, 6 Dec 2011, Niels Möller wrote:

> Richard Guenther <rguenther at suse.de> writes:
>
> > For GNU ELF systems you have the possibility to use IFUNC relocations
> > (basically the relocation depends on the outcome of a selector function
> > you implement).
>
> Cool! Any authoritative documentation for this? I found
> http://www.x86-64.org/pipermail/discuss/2009-June/010546.html and
> comments, but it would be nice with a final spec for this feature.
>
> (I have read the above proposal and some of the comments, but I still
> don't fully understand how it works. And I guess I would also have to
> reread the ELF chapters from Linkers & Loaders one more time).

I've not seen a specification pdf or such, so best ask Drepper
directly if there is something like that available somewhere.

Easiest (for some definition of easy ;)) is probably to look
at the usage examples in glibc (including the configure checks
it performs for binutils support).

Richard.

--
Richard Guenther <rguenther at suse.de>