Rethinking GMP's configure

Niels Möller nisse at lysator.liu.se
Tue Dec 6 11:41:41 CET 2011

Richard Guenther <rguenther at suse.de> writes:

> For GNU ELF systems you have the possibility to use IFUNC relocations
> (basically the relocation depends on the outcome of a selector function
> you implement).

Cool! Any authoritative documentation for this? I found
http://www.x86-64.org/pipermail/discuss/2009-June/010546.html and
comments, but it would be nice with a final spec for this feature.

(I have read the above proposal and some of the comments, but I still
don't fully understand how it works. And I guess I would also have to
reread the ELF chapters from Linkers & Loaders one more time).