Support for w*ndows

Niels Möller nisse at lysator.liu.se
Fri Dec 2 12:17:00 CET 2011

> Now, --enable-fat works too on Windoze-64.

Nice. What do you think about make check in a cross environment? I had a
quick look at the Makefile targets for make check.

It seems there's no way to insert an invocation of wine, except by
replacing the entire check or check-TESTS target (copying from the
generated Makefile.in to Makefile.am). Have I mention that I don't
particularly like automake? As far as I see, there's currently not even
any make target to let you build (but not run) all the test programs.

Anyway, I cross compiled with host=--i586-mingw32msvc (I don't have any
wine64 installed), and ran make -k check (which of course fails
miserably, but at least builds all the test programs).

Then I can do

  cd tests/mpn
  for f in t-*.exe ; do printf "%s: " $f; wine $f; echo $?; done

This runs the testprograms in that directory, and they appear to all
succeed.

/nisse