Bug tracking system for GMP

Vincent Lefevre vincent+gmp at vinc17.org
Fri Nov 26 14:52:50 CET 2010

On 2010-11-25 11:33:47 +0100, Laurent Fousse wrote:
> Ease of installation depends a lot on your target serveur system.
> Without knowing more, I would suggest Trac. It is simple enough as a
> user, and the last time I installed one it went flawlessly.

As a user of Trac for both MacPorts and Mutt BTS, I like the relation
with the version control system: a comment in a bug report can refer
to a changeset, and a log message of a changeset can refer to a bug
number.

However the mail messages with bug comments are buggy: with Mutt,
quoted text does not appear; and with MacPorts, it is not prefixed
by ">" (but mail sent by Torbjorn has about the same problem, BTW),
so that it is not possible to put it in color, for instance. I do
not know the cause or whether this is configurable, but in any case,
it's a pity not to have correct mail messages by default...

Another problem: The rules used to format comments are not clear.
For instance, I had problems to get a ^ character.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent at vinc17.net> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.net/>