Bug tracking system for GMP

Niels Möller nisse at lysator.liu.se
Fri Nov 26 11:49:55 CET 2010

> I am afraid I don't know what to expect from a bug tracker, and what it
> can do.

That makes it a bit harder to give relveant advice, of course. For a
start, do you want something purely webbased, or do you want to be able
to interact with it using email or commandline tools?

> Apparently some of the systems suggested here can do lots of stuff I
> don't know how to make use of.  Why do they connect to a SCM?

I guess one may want to have some association between commits and bugs
that are fixed (or introduced...). Or maybe close bugs in the bugtracker
by adding some magic marker to the commit message.

> The main problem I am trying to solve is to make sure non-solved issues
> are not forgotten.

The hard core way is of course to keep track of this as test cases in
the repository. To report a bug, just commit a new testcase which
demonstrates it ;-)

> To me, Bugzilla seems sufficient for the needs I see.

>From a user perspective, bugzilla seems good enough, at least as long as
you don't need to access it over email. Anybody here who knows if its
easy or painful to install and manage?