Ongoing GMP developments

Torbjorn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Fri Nov 12 08:51:41 CET 2010

  Makes sense to me. When was the last time that support was tested and
  working, anyway?

I have actually tested it using 'gcc -ftraditional' now and then.
(But recent gcc doesn't support it...)

  > How about removing the mpbsd functions?  They were useful when GMP was
  > new, but nowadays I really doubt anybody uses them.

  The BSD library this GMP interface tries to be compatible with, is that
  still in use?

FreeBSD stll ships a 32-bit version if it:

  shell$ nm /usr/lib32/libmp.a | grep ' T'
  00000c30 T mp_gcd
  00000140 T mp_itom
  000008b0 T mp_madd
  00000c10 T mp_mcmp
  00000270 T mp_mdiv
  00000580 T mp_mfree
  00000b20 T mp_min
  00000a90 T mp_mout
  00000180 T mp_move
  000008d0 T mp_msqrt
  00000820 T mp_msub
  00000390 T mp_mtox
  00000750 T mp_mult
  00000650 T mp_pow
  000005a0 T mp_rpow
  00000510 T mp_sdiv
  000000c0 T mp_xtom

But they have prepended 'mp_' to the old names, so they are not
compatible with the GMP compatibility functions.  :-)