Toom-8 testing (mpz level)

bodrato at mail.dm.unipi.it bodrato at mail.dm.unipi.it
Fri Oct 9 14:22:13 CEST 2009

Dear Paul, Torbjörn, Pierrick, Alex...

I'm very sorry, because my poor English doesn't allow me to express the
complex feeling about this...

>>   > http://www.loria.fr/~kruppaal/mul_fft-4.3.1.1.tgz?
>>   Will this code ever be integrated in GMP?

>> There are legal problems with that code wrt GNU.
[...]
> Thus I see no legal problems with this code.

I don't know if there are legal problems or there aren't any. But I can
see that there is a conflict. I know that, with e-mail, it is easier to
start a flame-war than to reconcile... but I'd really be happy if we can
do a step backward, take in our hand the new mul_fft code and find a way
for its integration in the project.

Best regards,
Marco

--