GMP devel web

Torbjorn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Wed Nov 25 10:24:14 CET 2009

Paul Zimmermann <Paul.Zimmermann at loria.fr> writes:

  nice addition. I see GET_STR_DC_THRESHOLD is in [8, 22], whereas
  SET_STR_DC_THRESHOLD is in [141,4351]. I would expect both thresholds
  to have the same order of magnitude. Even SET_STR_DC_THRESHOLD should
  be smaller since fast input relies on multiplication, whereas fast
  output relies on division.

GET_STR count in limbs, SET_STR count in base-10 digits (and the SET_STR
threshold are then somewhat suboptimally applied for any base input).

  PS: a minor point: some thresholds are not sorted by increasing value,
  for example http://gmplib.org/devel/MUL_TOOM44_THRESHOLD.html

Thanks, I have sorted that out now.  :-)