GMP devel web

Paul Zimmermann Paul.Zimmermann at loria.fr
Wed Nov 25 08:22:32 CET 2009

> We also added vertical tuning tables so that a specific tuning parameter
> can be compared over all machines.  Please see
> <http://gmplib.org/devel/thresholds.html>.

nice addition. I see GET_STR_DC_THRESHOLD is in [8, 22], whereas
SET_STR_DC_THRESHOLD is in [141,4351]. I would expect both thresholds
to have the same order of magnitude. Even SET_STR_DC_THRESHOLD should
be smaller since fast input relies on multiplication, whereas fast
output relies on division.

Paul

PS: a minor point: some thresholds are not sorted by increasing value,
for example http://gmplib.org/devel/MUL_TOOM44_THRESHOLD.html