I've ported GMP to Mac Pro. GMPbench > 7700

Jason Martin jason.worth.martin at gmail.com
Sun Oct 15 14:52:01 CEST 2006

After everything is in cache and the limb count is high enough, I'm
getting 3 clock cycles/limb on Woodcrest and 3.5 clock cycles/limb on
Conroe.  Note, however, that to test my code out on my Linux Conroe
box, I had to replace the lahf and sahf instructions with bt and setc
which seem to be a little slower (at least Agner Fog says so).  I've
attached my testing code and timing routines so you can see exactly
what I'm doing.

--jason

--
"Ever my heart rises as we draw near the mountains.
There is good rock here." -- Gimli, son of Gloin