Itanium improvements and gmp 4.1.4

Torbjorn Granlund tege at swox.com
Thu Sep 23 23:48:16 CEST 2004

"Golliver, Roger A" <roger.a.golliver at intel.com> writes:

  I'm working on Itanium(R)-2 improvements for gmp,
  what can I do to get them considered for gmp-4.1.4?
  I currently have two cycle per limb versions of addmul_1 mul_1 add_n and
  sub_n.
  I expect to be finished with my coding and testing by the end of the
  September.

Swox has developed low-overhead 2 cycle/limb addmul_1, mul_1,
submul_1, and 1.25 cycle/limb add_n, sub_n, as well as many other
Itanium loops.  There is much more work to be done before GMP
takes advantage the full Itanium performanace potential.

These will most probably be included with GMP 5, scheduled for
2005/2006 release, but if Intel and/or HP funds Itanium
development, Swox might be able release them sooner, such as with
GMP 4.2 or GMP 4.3.

I merge quality contributions from others as my volunteer time
permits, even if it is against Swox's business interests.